How can this tiny little blog in the furthest corner of the internet possibly be nominated for the Liebster Award? Well, I’m not sure, but it has happened. Somehow.
I’m very pleased and excited to take part in this, and I’d love to thank Mary from Mary’s Life for nominating me – she has a fabulous blog, so definitely have a nosy at that if you haven’t already. Have a read of her Liebster Award post, too.
What is the Liebster Award?
Well, put simply, the Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It’s essentially a tag – rather like a chain mail, where you have the opportunity to answer questions set by the blogger who tagged you. To continue the tag, you then set your own questions for other bloggers you’d like to tag next. Kind of like how you’d play tag in the playground.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and put a link to her/his post.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set 11 questions for them.
- Do not forge to let them know when the post goes live.
So, without further ado, here is my Q&A…
11 Questions from Mary
1) Who is your favorite blogger?
This is a tough one – I like so many out there that it’s difficult to choose. But, if I had to pick one, it would be Hannah Maggs – she talks all things lifestyle, beauty and parenting
2) How do you find inspiration to write your posts?
I love reading articles from ‘Frankie Magazine’, an Australian publication that discusses everything from fashion to craft, design to photography and more. I love their aesthetic and beautiful images – I’d love to be at this standard one day (we can all dream). But generally speaking, I take inspo from my own life (is is weird to say that?) I take what’s current and ‘going on’ with me, and put it into words.
3) When do you find time to write your blog posts?
I tend to allocate some time on a Sunday afternoon to blogging. I’ve only recently started uploading every week (on a Monday) but I feel like this works for me best while balancing uni work, too.
4) Name three things you love about blogging. Why?
Freedom – with constant deadlines and rules for university assignments, it’s nice to have a break and write about whatever
Photography – My photographs, at the moment, aren’t 5 star professional but I do enjoy thinking about possible pics to accompany my writing.
Social media – I have always been really worried about what people think about me and how I might be judged. Recently, though, I’ve decided that this shouldn’t matter – let’s have a voice. Blogging once a week and joining in on Twitter conversations has really helped boost my online confidence.
5). If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I’m such a home bird – I’d always want to stay in this country! Salcombe is a beautiful seaside town… it would be lovely to own a place there to chill out!
6) What’s your favourite season?
Yes, I know, I know, I’m so original, but autumn really is my favourite.
7) Where do you see yourself in 7 years from now?
Oh gosh, who knows? I mean, I’d love to be the editor of a top lifestyle magazine, but a girl can dream, right?
8) What is an ideal weekend for you?
Exploring a new city or town with Dom, out for a nice meal, followed by a lazy Sunday with plenty of tea, chocolate and Netflix series.
9) What is the grossest sounding English word?
10) Which movie sequel do you wish you could erase from history?
Hmmm… Mean Girls 2?
11) Which is your favourite movie ever?
I’m more of a series-binger than a movie-watcher, so I don’t have an ultimate favourite film… Here are a few that I like, though: Source Code, Marley and Me, Grease, The Perks of being a Wallflower, The Great Gatsby
My 11 Questions are…
1) What is your favourite topic to blog about?
2) Do you have any top-tips for blogging?
3) Who is your role model?
4) What’s your favourite high street brand?
5) Do you enjoy reading seasonal posts? (i.e. Christmas, Halloween)
6) What is your all-time favourite meal?
7) What would be your meal from hell?
8) What advice would you give to your younger self?
9) Favourite Disney film?
10) Are you a morning bird or a night owl?
11) What book are you currently reading / what’s your favourite book?
Jasmin Quick https://jasminsworld2017.wordpress.com/
Little Girl From Wales (@LittleGFWales) http://littlegirlfromwales.com
Abby (@abbyclareblog) https://abbyclare.blogspot.co.uk/
Michaela (@HalcyonLiving_) https://halcyonliving.co.uk/
Molly (@MollyyRees) http://www.mollyyrees.com/
Eleanor (@eleanorclaudie) http://www.eleanorclaudie.com/
Izzie (@izziebxo) https://izzieberry.blogspot.co.uk/
Liz (@heyupsunshine) http://heyupsunshine.co.uk/
Lisa (@lisakristinx) http://www.lisakristinx.co.uk/
Kayleigh (@KayleighAWright) http://www.anenthusiasmfor.co.uk/
Jade (@Itsalljadey) http://itsalljadey.blogspot.co.uk/
Thanks again to the lovely Mary for nominating me!